Italian Seasoning Recipe

Pretty simple:

Ingredients:
Oregano
Basil
Marjoram
Thyme
Rosemary

Depending on how much you want to make, it's one part each. So, 2 tbsp of Oregano, 2 tbsp of everything else.

I get my fresh herbs from my local Albertsons produce. They didn't have Marjoram, so I found it in Smith's (Kroger's) produce.

Don't be intimidated by buying fresh herbs. Making and drying your own herbs is sooooo much cheaper than buying the stuff pre-processed. If you're a penny pincher like me, it's well worth it. Especially if you use tons of spices.

-Drying herbs with a dehydrator, is a beautiful thing. Just make sure they're dried all the way.

-Air drying herbs takes about 5-7 days depending on where you live. Before I got my dehydrator, I used a card table, and cardboard box lids and placed the table with the lids sitting on top under a ceiling fan.

-Storing dried herbs, I have a bunch of saved spaghetti sauce glass jars before I learned how to make spaghetti that I was going to use for still life painting, but you can use mason jars, too. They're a bit pricey, so use what you got! Repurposing is being green and recycling! :)

I'm so excited about getting into our new house, we're currently renting, so I have no leeway for gardening... yet!! I'm going to love blogging about gardening. It's new to me, so I can point out mishaps and what to watch out for. :)

Happy Baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment